Redeemer United Church of Christ Director of Music
Redeemer United Church of Christ has an exciting part-time position open for their Director of Music role.
Redeemer has had a very strong musical history from its inception. The relatively new building was designed to be acoustically alive, for all types of music/instrumental and auditory performance methodologies. The prairie building has a warm residential ambiance, creating a welcoming aesthetic matching the experience you receive from our friendly and welcoming participants.
If you are innovative, creative, and love wide expressions of liturgical music, you will enjoy this opportunity! Music flows from the sanctuary on Sundays and Wednesday evenings, to all Redeemer's classrooms, and outside to the Sanctuary Garden, in the heart of the prairie. Our Pastor, Julie Eklund, is herself, quite expressive and creative and is looking for a gifted performance musician and leader that will help to build the worship experience, and make it spiritually moving and transformational.
Redeemer’s vision is to be a church spiritually alive and growing radically inclusive and engaged in our communities. Please visit our website at redeemerucc.org, to familiarize yourself with our mission.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports the Music Ministry of Redeemer United Church of Christ through Spiritual Music for our choir(s) and our congregation. Directs the choir(s) and leads the congregation in Hymns. Recruits, trains and develops choir members.
Reports to the Personnel Committee
Hours: 5-7 per week September – May, and summer hours as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Voice, choral and directing skills are necessary.
· Works in a collegial manner with the Pastor, Worship Accompanist and/or Worship Team in selecting music suitable for each worship service and liturgical season. This person must be able to communicate openly with the pastor, accompanist and choir.
· Piano is required, piano and guitar preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs the choir(s) in music appropriate for the liturgical seasons.
· Holds practices for the choir(s) to learn the anthems for Sunday Mornings or special musical performances.
· Provides for appropriate substitute for Worship Services, rehearsals, or special events when not available.
· Provides music for the Wednesday evening Church Services.
· Leads congregation in singing of hymns/responses.
· Recruits and organizes special music as needed throughout the year (instrumental and/or vocal).
· Utilizes available talent within our church.
· Participates in special music events of the church.
· Attends Worship Team Meetings.
· Attends staff meetings if possible.
· Organizes and maintains the music library.
· Works with Tech/soundboard person.
If interested, please contact Redeemer United Church of Christ at 262-246-6710 or Personnel@redeemerucc.org.
Apply For This Position
Application may be returned by:
- FAX: 262-246-6845
- mail: Redeemer UCC ATTN Personnel Team
W220 N4915 Town Line Road, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051