BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supports the Music Ministry of Redeemer United Church of Christ through Spiritual Music for our choir(s) and our congregation. Directs the choir(s) and leads the congregation in Hymns. Recruits, trains and develops choir members.
Reports to the Personnel Team
Hours: 3-8 per week September – May, and summer hours as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Voice, choral and directing skills are necessary.
· Works in a collegial manner with the Pastor, Worship Accompanist and/or Worship Team in selecting music suitable for each worship service and liturgical season. This person must be able to communicate openly with the pastor, accompanist and choir.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs the choir(s) in music appropriate for the liturgical seasons.
· Holds practices for the choir(s) to learn the anthems for Sunday Mornings or special musical performances.
· Provides for appropriate substitute for Worship Services, rehearsals, or special events when not available.
· Provides music for the Wednesday evening Church Services.
· Leads congregation in singing of hymns/responses.
· Recruits and organizes special music as needed throughout the year (instrumental and/or vocal).
· Participates in special music events of the church.
· Attends Worship Team Meetings.
· Organizes and maintains the music library.
· Works with Tech/soundboard person.